Welcome to another episode of The Tim Ferriss Show, where it is usually my job to sit down with world-class performers of all different types to tease out the habits, routines, favorite books, and so on that you can apply and test in your own life. This time, we have a slightly different format, and I’m the guest.
As some of you know, to celebrate the 15th anniversary of The 4-Hour Workweek, which was first published on April 24th, 2007 (4/24/07), I signed 424 copies of the book. As thousands of you threw your hat in the ring to win a signed copy, I wanted to do something special for all the entrants. So, I invited those folks to a private YouTube Q&A. This episode is the recording of that session.
I answered many questions on a variety of topics, including startup investments, IFS therapy, my views on wealth and money, C.S. Lewis, lower-back pain, solitary time and its challenges, lessons from Kevin Kelly, books I’m currently reading, maintaining relationships, Japan travel tips, from whom to take advice (and how to evaluate advice), self-awareness, behavior change, my current alcohol consumption (or lack thereof), and much, much more.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the Q&A on YouTube here.
Brought to you by MANSCAPED premium grooming products, 80,000 Hours free career advice for high impact and doing good in the world, and Helix Sleep premium mattresses.
The transcript of this episode can be found here. Transcripts of all episodes can be found here.
This episode is brought to you by MANSCAPED! MANSCAPED is bringing you the total package to ensure your package is the perfect package. No, I didn’t come up with that line… but I tested and loved their products, so I can vouch that I’m still intact and ready for my centerfold shoot. Was it scary? Yes. Was it worth it? Also yes. My girlfriend makes the effort, so I figured it was only fair. MANSCAPED is the most effective way to keep clean, pristine, and looking like a dream through the sweatiest summer months.
The Perfect Package 4.0 is the ultimate grooming kit that includes everything you need for optimal below-the-waist hygiene. Use their precision-engineered Lawn Mower 4.0—yes, “Lawn Mower”—electric trimmer to remove excess and avoid the dreaded swamp crotch. Feel confident in trimming hard-to-reach areas with MANSCAPED’s SkinSafe technology, which helps reduce the risk of nicks and snags. It’s time to take care of yourself; time for some basic landscaping. Get 20% off and free shipping with the code TIMTIM at Manscaped.com.
This episode is brought to you by 80,000 Hours! You have roughly 80,000 hours in your career. That’s 40 hours a week, 50 weeks a year for 40 years. They add up and are one of your biggest opportunities, if not the biggest opportunity, to make a positive impact on the world. Some of the best strategies, best research, and best tactical advice I’ve seen and heard come from 80,000 Hours, a nonprofit co-founded by Will MacAskill, an Oxford philosopher and a popular past guest on this podcast.
If you’re looking to make a big change to your direction or address pressing global problems from your current job or if you’re just starting out or maybe starting a new chapter and not sure which path to pursue, 80,000 Hours can help. Join their free newsletter, and they’ll send you an in-depth guide for free that will help you identify which global problems are most pressing and where you can have the biggest impact personally. It will also help you get new ideas for high-impact careers or directions that help tackle these issues.
This episode is brought to you by Helix Sleep! Helix was selected as the best overall mattress of 2022 by GQ magazine, Wired, and Apartment Therapy. With Helix, there’s a specific mattress to meet each and every body’s unique comfort needs. Just take their quiz—only two minutes to complete—that matches your body type and sleep preferences to the perfect mattress for you. They have a 10-year warranty, and you get to try it out for a hundred nights, risk-free. They’ll even pick it up from you if you don’t love it. And now, Helix is offering 20% off all mattress orders plus two free pillows at HelixSleep.com/Tim.
Want to hear my most recent Q&A? Listen to the episode here, in which I answered questions about relieving plantar fasciitis, getting better sleep, wolf conservation efforts, maintaining learned languages, low energy remedies, podcasting advice, global warming, psychedelic risks, and much more.
What was your favorite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know in the comments.
SCROLL BELOW FOR LINKS AND SHOW NOTES…
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Understanding the Two is One, One is None Concept | Survival Mom
- Why I’m Open-Sourcing an NFT Insider Trading Policy for the Web3 Community | Tim Ferriss
- Chris Dixon and Naval Ravikant — The Wonders of Web3, How to Pick the Right Hill to Climb, Finding the Right Amount of Crypto Regulation, Friends with Benefits, and the Untapped Potential of NFTs | The Tim Ferriss Show #542
- Marine Biologist Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson on How to Catalyze Change with Awe and Wonder, How to Save the Planet, Finding Your Unique Venn Diagram of Strength, and Seeking the Minimum Effective Dose | The Tim Ferriss Show #570
- My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman | Netflix
- What Are Some Pros and Cons When Moving Out of America? | Quora
- Not All Polarization Is Bad, but the Us Could Be In Trouble | The Conversation
- BJ Miller — The Man Who Studied 1,000 Deaths to Learn How to Live | The Tim Ferriss Show #153
- Ed Cooke, Grandmaster of Memory, on Mental Performance, Imagination, and Productive Mischief | The Tim Ferriss Show #52 & #53
- Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals by Oliver Burkeman | Amazon
- Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World by Timothy Ferriss | Amazon
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferriss | Amazon
- Richard Schwartz — IFS, Psychedelic Experiences without Drugs, and Finding Inner Peace for Our Many Parts | The Tim Ferriss Show #492
- Ramit Sethi — Automating Finances, Negotiating Prenups, Disagreeing with Tim, and More | The Tim Ferriss Show #371
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich Podcast by Ramit Sethi
- The 5 Levels of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs | Verywell Mind
- Morgan Housel — The Psychology of Money, Picking the Right Game, and the $6 Million Janitor | The Tim Ferriss Show #576
- The Psychology of Money: Timeless Lessons on Wealth, Greed, and Happiness by Morgan Housel | Amazon
- Inside the Actors Studio | Bravo TV
- How I Built This with Guy Raz | Wondery
- Hardball with Chris Matthews | MSNBC
- Gotcha Journalism | Wikipedia
- Write Drunk, Revise Sober | Quote Investigator
- The Golden Rule | Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- C.S. Lewis: The Most Reluctant Convert | Prime Video
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis | Amazon
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis | Amazon
- Why I Am Not a Christian and Other Essays on Religion and Related Subjects by Bertrand Russell | Amazon
- Highland Cows (And 8 Fun Facts You Need to Know about These Legen-Dairy Beasts!) | Highland Titles
- The Four Best Light Therapy Lamps of 2022 | Reviews by Wirecutter
- Archimedes’ Lever: How You Can Move the World | Eric Kim
- Can Cold Water Plunges Really Reduce Anxiety and Depression? | The New York Times
- “The Iceman,” Wim Hof | The Tim Ferriss Show #102
- Meditation, Mindset, and Mastery | The Tim Ferriss Show #201
- Waking Up with Sam Harris App
- Transcendental Meditation
- Is an Ivy League Degree Worthwhile? | Investopedia
- The Lion Tracker’s Guide to Life by Boyd Varty | Amazon
- Handling Political Disagreements in the Family | Verywell Family
- Quick History of the National Park Service | US National Park Service
- Transcendentalism | Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Naturalism | Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- How to Start a War by Tim Ferriss and Lisa Quine | OpenSea
- Saisei Foundation
- Pso-Rite Psoas Muscle Release and Deep Tissue Massage Tool | Amazon
- Musashi: An Epic Novel of the Samurai Era by Eiji Yoshikawa | Amazon
- With Tim Ferriss. Musashi, and How Warrior Way Relates To Life | Jocko Podcast #100
- The Scariest Navy SEAL Imaginable…And What He Taught Me | The Tim Ferriss Show #107
- Awareness: The Perils and Opportunities of Reality by Anthony de Mello | Amazon
- Josh Waitzkin on Beginner’s Mind, Self-Actualization, and Advice from Your Future Self | The Tim Ferriss Show #412
- The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life by Timothy Ferriss | Amazon
- The Art and Science of Learning Anything Faster | The Tim Ferriss Show #191
- The Neverending Story by Michael Ende | Amazon
- The NeverEnding Story (1984) | Prime Video
- Five Reasons Why Learning German Is Really Difficult, and Five Reasons Why It’s Not | Berlino Schule
- The Challenges of Learning the Japanese Language | Japanese Explorer
- Tim Ferriss on Super Learning and Pushing the Limits | Impact Theory #005
- Vipassana Retreats 101: What They Are & The Lessons They Teach | Mindbodygreen
- Jack Kornfield — Finding Freedom, Love, and Joy in the Present | The Tim Ferriss Show #300
- Ten Percent Happier Podcast with Dan Harris
- Dan Harris on Becoming 10% Happier, Hugging Inner Dragons, Self-Help for Skeptics, Training the Mind, and Much More | The Tim Ferriss Show #481
- The Random Show — Life-Extension Misadventures, Blockchain/Crypto Investing, NFT Experiments, Dogecoin, Zen Buddhism, and Weathering Sharp Elbows | The Tim Ferriss Show #527
- Excellent Advice for Living: Seeds for Contemplation by Kevin Kelly | Amazon
- 103 Bits of Advice I Wish I Had Known by Kevin Kelly | The Technium
- Lost Connections: Uncovering the Real Causes of Depression — And the Unexpected Solutions by Johann Hari | Amazon
- Making Oprah | Wikipedia
- Dr. Jane Goodall — The Legend, The Lessons, The Hope | The Tim Ferriss Show #421
- Secretary Madeleine Albright — Optimism, the Future of the US, and 450-Pound Leg Presses | The Tim Ferriss Show #437
- Margaret Atwood — A Living Legend on Creative Process, The Handmaid’s Tale, Being a Mercenary Child, Resisting Labels, the Poet Rug Exchange, Liminal Beings, Burning Questions, Practical Utopias, and More | The Tim Ferriss Show #573
- Hugh Jackman on Best Decisions, Daily Routines, The 85% Rule, Favorite Exercises, Mind Training, and Much More | The Tim Ferriss Show #444
- How to Say “No” When It Matters Most (or “Why I’m Taking a Long ‘Startup Vacation'”) | Tim Ferriss
- The Future Of Cryptocurrency | Investopedia
- Three Reasons the Bear Market Isn’t Over Yet and 1 Reason to Be Exceedingly Optimistic | The Motley Fool
- Measure Twice, Cut Once | Historically Speaking
- Dunbar’s Number Debunked: You Can Have More Than 150 Friends | The New York Times
- 5 Tips for E-Mailing Busy People | Tim Ferriss
- How to Get Busy Influencers to Share Your Stuff | Tim Ferriss
- How to Build a World-Class Network in Record Time | The Tim Ferriss Show #99
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferriss | Amazon
- Remote Desktop Software | GoToMyPC
- 80/20 Rule (Pareto Principle) | Investopedia
- How to Use Parkinson’s Law to Get More Done in Less Time | Lifehack
- Ideal Lifestyle Costing (with Dreamlining Tools) | Tim Ferriss
- Fear-Setting: The Most Valuable Exercise I Do Every Month | Tim Ferriss
- Ghibli Museum, Mitaka
- All the Differences Between American and Japanese 7-Eleven | Food Wars
- Inokashira Park | Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Queenstown, New Zealand | Official Tourism Website
- The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less by Richard Koch | Amazon
- Richard Koch on Mastering the 80/20 Principle, Achieving Unreasonable Success, and the Art of Gambling | The Tim Ferriss Show #466
- The Psychedelic News Hour: New Breakthroughs, Compound Comparisons and Warnings (Psilocybin/LSD/Ayahuasca/N,N-DMT/5-MeO-DMT), Treatment of Trauma, Scalable vs. Unscalable Approaches, Making Sense of “Bad” Trips, and Much More | The Tim Ferriss Show #458
- On Grief and Grieving by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross and David Kessler | Amazon
- Tim Ferriss AMA | Reddit
- Austin, TX | Official Site
- “Way Too Many Young Guys Are Taking Life Advice from Childless 40-Year-Old Men.” | Nat Eliason, Twitter
- Drew Houston — The Billionaire Founder of Dropbox | The Tim Ferriss Show #334
- Jim Rohn: You’re the Average of the Five People You Spend the Most Time With | Business Insider
- Things You and Your Partner Should Do Separately to Live Together Happily | Martha Stewart
- Six Healthy Relationship Habits Most People Think Are Toxic | Mark Manson
- Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything by BJ Fogg | Amazon
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear | Amazon
- The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman by Timothy Ferriss | Amazon
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg | Amazon
- Stoicism Resources and Recommendations | Tim Ferriss
- Already Free: Buddhism Meets Psychotherapy on the Path of Liberation by Bruce Tift | Amazon
- The Tao of Seneca: Letters from a Stoic Master (aka The Moral Letters to Lucilius) | Tim Ferriss
- Chris Bosh on How to Reinvent Yourself, The Way and The Power, the Poison of Complaining, Leonardo da Vinci, and More | The Tim Ferriss Show #515
- More Money Than God: Hedge Funds and the Making of a New Elite by Sebastian Mallaby | Amazon
- The Power Law: Venture Capital and the Making of the New Future by Sebastian Mallaby | Amazon
- Fasting vs. Slow-Carb Diet, Top $150 Purchases, Balancing Productivity and Relaxation, and More | The Tim Ferriss Show #213
- Guerrilla Financing: Alternative Techniques to Finance Any Small Business by Bruce Blechman and Jay Conrad Levinson | Amazon
- Startup Pitch Decks of 29 Companies before They Became Billion-Dollar Companies | CB Insights Research
- Brad Feld — The Art of Unplugging, Carving Your Own Path, and Riding the Entrepreneurial Rollercoaster | The Tim Ferriss Show #448
- Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson | Amazon
- Sir Richard Branson — The Billionaire Maverick of the Virgin Empire | The Tim Ferriss Show #272
- Tools of Titans: Derek Sivers Distilled | The Tim Ferriss Show #202
- The Return of Drunk Dialing Q&A: How to Ask Better Questions, Take Better Risks, and More! | The Tim Ferriss Show #330
- How I Built The Tim Ferriss Show to 700+ Million Downloads — An Immersive Explanation of All Aspects and Key Decisions (Featuring Chris Hutchins) | The Tim Ferriss Show #538
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in A World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain | Amazon
- Susan Cain — How to Overcome Fear and Embrace Creativity | The Tim Ferriss Show #357
- Stuart Smalley’s Daily Affirmation | SNL
- Signal Over Noise with Noah Feldman — The War in Ukraine (Recap and Predictions), The Machiavelli of Maryland, Best Books to Understand Geopolitics, The Battles for Free Speech on Social Media, Metaverse Challenges, and More | The Tim Ferriss Show #608
- The Random Show with Kevin Rose — Current Books, Men’s Groups, Tuna Helper, the Latest in NFTs, Fierce Intimacy, and More | The Tim Ferriss Show #586
- Roam Research
- The Work | Byron Katie
- [09:07] Do I still invest in startups?
- [09:54] We’ve already got TED Talks. Why not Tim Talks?
- [10:49] Have I considered moving out of the US?
- [11:53] How do I mitigate risks in an increasingly contentious society?
- [13:39] Which interview has had the greatest personal impact on me?
- [15:38] Would I publish another volume of Tribe of Mentors or Tools of Titans?
- [17:17] Have I ever explored the side of IFS that helps folks explore inherited trauma/energy?
- [19:12] Did making more money make me happier?
- [24:48] What do I consider to be a healthy view of money?
- [26:21] Have any interviews been conducted but never published?
- [32:03] What do I find compelling about C.S. Lewis?
- [34:57] How do I get things done when I’m having a bad day?
- [36:39] What does my meditation practice look like these days?
- [37:57] Are Ivy League graduate schools worth the cost?
- [39:49] Most valuable lesson from The Lion Tracker’s Guide?
- [40:37] How do I handle overly political family and friends?
- [41:24] Recommended essayists (aside from John McPhee)?
- [42:00] Thoughts on Rudolph Steiner?
- [42:14] Do I have a future as a fiction author?
- [43:39] Best recent purchase of under $250?
- [44:58] Recommendations for learning more about Japanese martial arts culture?
- [46:01] Did I lose my razor?
- [46:23] If I could only recommend one book right now, what would it be?
- [46:44] Which one to three skills make acquiring more skills easier or irrelevant?
- [50:16] Favorite childhood fairy tale or folk story?
- [51:32] The ups and downs of learning German?
- [54:58] When will the world get to smell Tim Ferriss Fragrance for Men?
- [55:49] What role has downtime had on the severity of my depression?
- [59:47] Recent reading that has influenced my thoughts about parenthood?
- [1:04:16] Dream guests?
- [1:06:57] Did I take a break from investing because of market losses?
- [1:09:21] How do I feel about the bear market now?
- [1:10:48] How is my self-compassion journey going?
- [1:14:03] How do I manage my extensive network of relationships?
- [1:19:22] Advice for 21-year-old Tim?
- [1:19:42] Have any of the principles from The 4-Hour Workweek become obsolete?
- [1:22:30] Three must-sees when visiting Japan?
- [1:25:30] Most beautiful location visited?
- [1:25:50] System for choosing a business focus?
- [1:26:45] Strategies for coping with the sudden loss of a loved one?
- [1:29:50] Reasons for moving from San Francisco to Austin?
- [1:31:16] Do we rely too much on advice from people who don’t understand our lives?
- [1:36:04] Is it possible to share a life with someone whose interests don’t match ours 100 percent?
- [1:43:10] Self-discipline advice for ADHD folks who have already tried everything?
- [1:45:09] How do we develop the resilience to deal with tough times ahead of their arrival?
- [1:47:35] Things I’ve changed my mind about in the past year?
- [1:51:35] Do I still observe a slow-carb diet?
- [1:51:57] Advice for securing startup funding?
- [1:55:10] Why did I stop asking my guests who they consider to be successful?
- [1:58:32] Am I planning to run drunk dial shows again?
- [1:59:09] Podcasting tips for introverts?
- [2:00:35] A guest I could interview any day or every day?
- [2:00:55] Which of my own books would I recommend to a Ferriss first-timer?
- [2:01:23] Larry David?
- [2:01:33] Am I still using Evernote?
- [2:01:56] What would be on my billboard these days?
- [2:03:28] Parting thoughts.
- BJ Miller
- Ed Cooke
- Oliver Burkeman
- Richard C. Schwartz
- Ramit Sethi
- Morgan Housel
- James Lipton
- Guy Raz
- Ernest Hemingway
- C.S. Lewis
- Max McLean
- Bertrand Russell
- Sam Harris
- Loch Kelly
- John McPhee
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- John Muir
- Rudolf Steiner
- Jocko Willink
- Jason Statham
- Anthony de Mello
- Josh Waitzkin
- Jean-Claude Van Damme
- Dan Harris
- Kevin Kelly
- Johann Hari
- Oprah Winfrey
- Daniel Day-Lewis
- Ryan Reynolds
- Jane Goodall
- Madeleine Albright
- Margaret E. Atwood
- Hugh Jackman
- Molly Ferriss
- Hayao Miyazaki
- Richard Koch
- Matt Mullenweg
- David Kessler
- Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- Lex Fridman
- Balaji Srinivasan
- Naval Ravikant
- Drew Houston
- BJ Fogg
- James Clear
- Charles Duhigg
- Bruce Tift
- Lucilius Junior
- Stanley Druckenmiller
- Chris Bosh
- Sebastian Mallaby
- Brad Feld
- Richard Branson
- Elon Musk
- Bill Gates
- Derek Sivers
- Jeff Bezos
- Stuart Smalley
- Noah Feldman
- Kevin Rose
- Larry David
- Bob Einstein
- Byron Katie
The Tim Ferriss Show is one of the most popular podcasts in the world with more than 900 million downloads. It has been selected for "Best of Apple Podcasts" three times, it is often the #1 interview podcast across all of Apple Podcasts, and it's been ranked #1 out of 400,000+ podcasts on many occasions. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.
Comment Rules: Remember what Fonzie was like? Cool. That’s how we’re gonna be — cool. Critical is fine, but if you’re rude, we’ll delete your stuff. Please do not put your URL in the comment text and please use your PERSONAL name or initials and not your business name, as the latter comes off like spam. Have fun and thanks for adding to the conversation! (Thanks to Brian Oberkirch for the inspiration.)
9 Replies to “Q&A with Tim on Wealth and Money, Book Recommendations, Advice on Taking Advice, C.S. Lewis, Relationships, Behavior Change and Self-Awareness, Why We Are All (Mostly) Making It Up as We Go, and Much More (#614)”
I’d like to be subscribed to the: New from Tim newsletter but unsubscribed from the: 5-Bullet Friday newsletter.
How can I do that?
Hi, Aby –
Thanks for your question. Tim has only one mailing list, so it’s not possible to separate the two mailings. However, most email clients have a “filter” tool, which would allow you to keep Tim’s “5-Bullet Friday” email coming to your inbox but send “New from Tim” to a separate folder. If you’re getting Tim’s newsletter in Gmail, the next time a “New from Tim” email comes through,
Click the three vertical dots in the Gmail menu bar.
Select “Filter messages like these.”
It will populate the filter criteria window with the email@example.com email address.
Then, in the “Has the words” field, type “New from Tim” in quotes.
Next, click the blue “Create filter” button.
And finally, check the boxes to tell Gmail what to do with those “New from Tim” emails (for example, you can click to skip the inbox and send all of them to a separate folder) and click the blue “Create filter” again, and you’re done!
After you create the filter, you’ll only get the “5-Bullet Friday” emails, and the “New from Tim” emails will go to wherever you’ve chosen to send them.
Team Tim Ferriss
Hey! I just listened to the new podcast episode and I was interested in rereading/re-listening to the four hour work week. I just wanted to tell Team Tim that the search for four hour work week on audible UK is a bit odd. it comes up with all sorts of European language versions other than English, and it also lists the author as Timothy Ferriss instead of Tim Ferriss. I’m not sure if that’s having an effect on the results. Anyway it took me a bit of digging to find the English audiobook version of four hour work week on audible UK search, might be something to clean up to increase sales. 🙂
You need to come see my husband Chris Ford at his clinics in Tacoma and Gig Harbor Washington; Alternative Back Care Physical Therapy. He has developed a unique philosophy of care dealing with the spine resolving back pain. They see 500 patients a week and have evidence based relief for back pain, and migraines. He is referred the worst of the worse and is called Jesus a couple times a month!! Check out his website for lots of content [Moderator: website removed; contact information retained in intake fields.] or come up for an amazing alignment appointment!
Learning German ? Must read Mark Twain’s “The Awful German Language”, both insightful and vastly entertaining. I think both he and Tim suffered similar difficulties 🙂
I’ve been a fan since your first Ted Talk in 2008. Thanks for all that you do! In your Q&A, you mentioned that you haven’t meditated in about a month. One way I’ve found to be more consistent is a little trick I picked up during a retreat I went on last year. I was always finding myself slipping, and I think it was because I was only meditating in a specific place, sitting up and being guided by external audio, like Headspace. But during the retreat, I learned how to be more “flexible” when it comes to meditation. You can meditate in all sorts of ways and positions. So now, my preferred way to meditate is as soon as I wake up I continue lying in bed but roll onto my back, I then straighten myself out and just start going through the practices. It’s been a game changer! No special environment or seating arrangement or audio, and I barely ever miss a day of meditating.
Maybe try it out sometime. And if you do, I hope it helps!
Don’t believe everything what you think
Hey Tim – I’m a huge fan and I’ve turned my 60-something curmudgeonly husband onto all kinds of issues and ideas during our regular 3+ hour drives to the country while listening to your podcasts. So thank you for that! Just wanted to say that I was really surprised and kind of grossed out by you hawking for “Manscape.” First, the thought of anyone shaving their scrotum is a gigantic turn-OFF for me and many people I know. (I happen to be a cis-woman). Second, the thought of YOU shaving and worrying about errant hairs in your groin area is downright gross AND I think the money earned cannot possibly be worth the damage I think it does to your brand and reputation. Think about the smartest, most serious, most interesting people you’ve met – would they talk about manscaping (or woman-scaping, for that matter) in public? No matter how much money they are willing to pay you — you have enough! As for whether or not I wax, shave or whatever… that’s between me and my partner, and no one else. As it should be ; )