“You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.”
– Jim Rohn
This is an unusual episode. Instead of the typical interview format where I ask other people questions, I did what thousands of you have requested; I answered the 11 questions that are the foundation of Tribe of Mentors (and added in a few bonus answers). From beliefs that have changed my life to how I cope with feeling overwhelmed, I go into depth on all of my answers. I also recorded some of the answers on video, which you can watch on my YouTube channel.
I hope you enjoy this solo episode, and find something helpful that you can apply to your life. As always, thanks for listening!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Want to hear a conversation with a mentor from Tribe of Mentors? Listen to this episode with Tim Urban, in which we discuss the future, how to deal with procrastination, AI, and much much more. Listen to it here (stream below or right-click to download):
This podcast is brought to you by ZipRecruiter. One of the hardest parts about growing any business is finding and hiring the right team. Nothing can drain your resources and cost you time and money like making mistakes in hiring.
ZipRecruiter developed its own system and platform for helping solve two of the biggest bottlenecks for employers: posting jobs easily and making it even easier to find the best candidates. More than 80 percent of jobs posted return qualified candidates based on your criteria in just 24 hours. As a listener to this show, you can give it a try for free at ziprecruiter.com/tim!
This podcast is also brought to you by Helix Sleep. I recently moved into a new home and needed new beds, and I purchased mattresses from Helix Sleep.
They offer mattresses personalized to your preferences and sleeping style — without costing thousands of dollars. Visit Helixsleep.com/TIM and take their simple 2-3 minute sleep quiz to get started, and they’ll build a mattress you’ll love.
Their customer service makes all the difference. The mattress arrives within a week, and the shipping is completely free. You can try the mattress for 100 nights, and if you’re not happy, they’ll pick it up and offer a full refund. To personalize your sleep experience, visit Helixsleep.com/TIM and you’ll receive $50 off your custom mattress. Enjoy!
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What was your favorite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know in the comments.
Scroll below for links and show notes…
Selected Links from the Episode
- Tribe of Mentors
- Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach
- The Tail End by Tim Urban
- Transcendental Meditation
- Sitka Dakota beanie
- Mack’s silicone ear plugs
- Logitech Keys-To-Go Ultra-Portable Stand-Alone keyboard
- Intermittent fasting
- The 4-Hour Chef
- Tao of Seneca
- Zorba the Greek
- Stranger in a Strange Land
- Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman
- The 5-Minute Journal
- How to Create Your Own Real World MBA
- A belief or behavior that changed my life. (5:07)
- My best purchases of $100 or less. (10:28)
- What would I put on a billboard? (15:20)
- My favorite failure that led to success. (20:20)
- The four books I have gifted the most. (23:59)
- How to ask better questions. (26:29)
- Techniques and strategies to start your day. (30:55)
- Learning to say no and approaches that I have found effective. (33:47)
- My most worthwhile investment of time or money. (39:50)
- Should you write a book? (43:13)
- The unusual habits that I love. (50:10)
- Matt Mullenweg
- Tim Urban
- Tara Brach
- James Faidiman
- Dan Engle
- Chase Jarvis
- Rick Rubin
- Amelia Boone
- Jim Rohn
- Tony Robbins
- Brian Grazer
- Jocko Willink
- Derek Sivers
The Tim Ferriss Show is one of the most popular podcasts in the world with more than 800 million downloads. It has been selected for "Best of Apple Podcasts" three times, it is often the #1 interview podcast across all of Apple Podcasts, and it's been ranked #1 out of 400,000+ podcasts on many occasions. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.