In this episode, I answer the most upvoted questions from subscribers to 5-Bullet Friday, the free newsletter I send out every week.
In this Q&A, I answer your most popular questions, including:
- Physical training
- Interview prep
- The art of networking
- Education reform
- Dream guests on the show
- And much more.
Want to ask me your own questions? Just subscribe to 5-Bullet Friday, which — every Friday — sends five bullet points of cool things I’ve found that week, including apps, books, gadgets, albums, articles, new hacks or tricks, and — of course — all sorts of weird stuff I dig up around the world. It’s free, it’s always going to be free, and you can check it out here: tim.blog/friday.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Want to hear another Q&A episode? — Listen to this episode where I discuss the Myer’s-Briggs personality test, diet mistakes, immortality, and much, much more (stream below or right-click here to download):
This podcast is brought to you by WordPress, my go-to platform for 24/7-supported, zero downtime blogging, writing online, creating websites — everything! I love it to bits, and the lead developer, Matt Mullenweg, has appeared on this podcast many times.
Whether for personal use or business, you’re in good company with WordPress — used by The New Yorker, Jay Z, FiveThirtyEight, TechCrunch, TED, CNN, and Time, just to name a few. A source at Google told me that WordPress offers “the best out-of-the-box SEO imaginable,” which is probably why it runs nearly 30% of the Internet. Go to WordPress.com/Tim to get 15% off your website today!
This podcast is also brought to you by Four Sigmatic. I reached out to these Finnish entrepreneurs after a very talented acrobat introduced me to one of their products, which blew my mind (in the best way possible). It is mushroom coffee featuring chaga. It tastes like coffee, but there are only 40 milligrams of caffeine, so it has less than half of what you would find in a regular cup of coffee. I do not get any jitters, acid reflux, or any type of stomach burn. It put me on fire for an entire day, and I only had half of the packet.
People are always asking me what I use for cognitive enhancement, and right now this is the answer. You can try it right now by going to foursigmatic.com/tim and using the code Tim to get 20 percent off your first order. If you are in the experimental mindset, I do not think you’ll be disappointed.
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What was your favorite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know in the comments.
Scroll below for links and show notes…
Selected Links from the Episode
- Subscribe to 5-Bullet Friday: tim.blog/friday
- Myers-Briggs, Diet Mistakes, and Immortality
- The Savant of Speed — Ryan Flaherty
- The Lion of Olympic Weightlifting, 62-Year-Old Jerzy Gregorek (Also Featuring: Naval Ravikant)
- Pavel Tsatsouline on the Science of Strength and the Art of Physical Performance
- Charles Poliquin — His Favorite Mass-Building Program, His Nighttime Routine For Better Sleep, and Much More
- Slant boards
- Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall
- The Secrets of Gymnastic Strength Training with Coach Christopher Sommer: Part 1 and Part 2
- XPT Extreme Performance Training
- How to Reverse Aging with Art De Vany
- Inside the Actors Studio
- Edward Norton on Mastery, Must-Read Books, and the Future of Crowdfunding
- Jamie Foxx on Workout Routines, Success Habits, and Untold Hollywood Stories
- Ricardo Semler — The Seven-Day Weekend and How to Break the Rules
- How to Build a World-Class Network in Record Time
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss
- My TED Talk from 2008: Smash Fear, Learn Anything, and the more recent one, Fear-Setting: The Most Valuable Exercise I Do Every Month
- Stephen Colbert Unveils Donors for #BestSchoolDay
- Accelerated Learning and Mentors — My Personal Story
- The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life by Timothy Ferriss
- When to Quit — Lessons from World-Class Entrepreneurs, Investors, Authors, and More
- Cal Fussman — The Master Storyteller Returns
- Why Tim Ferriss Sold His Muse by John Warrillow, Inc.
- Top 10 Muay Thai Knockouts
- Captains of Crush hand gripper
- The Joe Rogan Experience
- One Tech Investor on Why You Should Take a Break from Social Media, WBUR
- The Relationship Episode: Sex, Love, Polyamory, Marriage, and More (with Esther Perel)
- Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence by Esther Perel
- The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire by David Deida
- As I approach 40, how do I see my training changing? [06:40]
- What’s my process for interview preparation? How do I ensure the end result is rewarding for my listeners? [15:46]
- Is networking my greatest superpower? How did I get connected with so many fascinating people? [23:17]
- In my 2008 TED Talk, I mentioned working on educational reform. What discoveries and developments have been made since then? [26:10]
- Effective lessons aren’t always easy lessons. [30:05]
- Where’s the line between stubbornly pursuing an idea that isn’t working, and the patience and persistence needed to actually make it work? [33:32]
- Five dream guests I’d love to have on the show. [34:30]
- I channel my inner Cal Fussman and share an untold story from my BrainQUICKEN days about getting attention at a trade show without a big budget. [36:12]
- Is Joe Rogan slated to be a future podcast guest? [44:28]
- Do I still follow the practice of screen-free Saturdays? [45:43]
- Current dating strategies? [47:22]
- Dom D’Agostino
- Amelia Boone
- Charles Poliquin
- Pavel Tsatsouline
- Jerzy Gregorek
- Christopher Sommer
- Bruce Lee
- Laird Hamilton
- Art De Vany
- Don Wildman
- Mark Bell
- Ryan Flaherty
- Eric Orton
- Eric Cressey
- Rick Rubin
- James Lipton
- Edward Norton
- Charlie Rose
- Larry King
- Jamie Foxx
- Ricardo Semler
- Chris Sacca
- Kevin Rose
- Darya Rose
- Stephen Colbert
- Michelle Obama
- Oprah Winfrey
- Charles Best
- Reid Hoffman
- Elon Musk
- Howard Stern
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Lionel Messi
- Dwayne Johnson
- Cal Fussman
- Muhammad Ali
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- Al Pacino
- Brock Lesnar
- Joe Rogan
- Esther Perel
Posted on: August 6, 2017.
Please check out Tools of Titans, my latest book, which shares the tactics, routines, and habits of billionaires, icons, and world-class performers. It was distilled from more than 10,000 pages of notes, and everything has been vetted and tested in my own life in some fashion. The tips and tricks in Tools of Titans changed my life, and I hope the same for you. Click here for sample chapters, full details, and a Foreword from Arnold Schwarzenegger.