Welcome to another episode of The Tim Ferriss Show, where it is my job to sit down with world-class performers of all different types—from startup founders and investors to chess champions to Olympic athletes. This episode, however, is an experiment and part of a shorter series I’m doing called “Books I’ve Loved.” I’ve invited some amazing past guests, close friends, and new faces to share their favorite books—the books that have influenced them, changed them, and transformed them for the better. I hope you pick up one or two new mentors—in the form of books—from this new series and apply the lessons in your own life.
Debbie Millman (@debbiemillman) has been named one of the most creative people in business by Fast Company and one of the most influential designers working today by Graphic Design USA. She is the host of Design Matters—a great show and one of the world’s longest running podcasts. She is also chair of the Masters in Branding Program at the School of Visual Arts in New York City and editorial director of Print magazine.
This podcast is brought to you by Audible.
“Books I’ve Loved” on The Tim Ferriss Show is brought to you by Audible. I have used Audible for many years now. I love it. Audible has the largest selection of audiobooks on the planet. I listen when I’m taking walks, I listen while I’m cooking… I listen whenever I can. Audible is offering The Tim Ferriss Show listeners a free audiobook with a 30-day trial membership. Just go to Audible.com/Tim and browse the unmatched selection of audio programs. Then, download your free title and start listening! It’s that easy. Simply go to Audible.com/Tim or text TIM to 500500 to get started today.
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Connect with Debbie Millman:
- The Little Golden Book of Words by Selma Lola Chambers
- The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman by Laurence Sterne
- The Voice That Is Great within Us: American Poetry of the Twentieth Century, edited by Hayden Carruth
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Tibor Kalman: Perverse Optimist, edited by Peter Hall and Michael Bierut
- A General Theory of Love by Thomas Lewis, MD, Fari Amini, MD, and Richard Lannon, MD
- Pattern Recognition by William Gibson
- Brand Gap: How to Bridge the Distance Between Business Strategy and Design by Marty Neumeier
- Building Stories by Chris Ware
- Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay
The Tim Ferriss Show is one of the most popular podcasts in the world with more than 800 million downloads. It has been selected for "Best of Apple Podcasts" three times, it is often the #1 interview podcast across all of Apple Podcasts, and it's been ranked #1 out of 400,000+ podcasts on many occasions. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.