In this episode, I interview the one and only Arnold Schwarzenegger… at his kitchen table.
In our conversation, we dig into lessons learned, routines, favorite books, and much more, including many stories I’ve never heard anywhere else. I’m also giving away amazing goodies for this episode, so be sure to read this entire post.
As a starting point, we cover:
- The Art of Psychological Warfare, and How Arnold Uses It to Win
- How Twins Became His Most Lucrative Movie (?!?)
- Mailing Cow Balls to Politicians
- How Arnold Made Millions — Fresh Off The Boat — BEFORE His Acting Career Took Off
- How Arnold Used Meditation For One Year To Reset His Brain
- And Much More…
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream it now by clicking here.
- Download it as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
### NOTE: THE BELOW HAS SINCE ENDED. THANKS! ###
I WANT TO GIVE YOU GOODIES:
1) A signed copy of Arnold’s autobiography, Total Recall, personalized for you by Arnold himself.
2) A roundtrip ticket anywhere in the world Continental flies, $1,000 USD cold hard cash, or a long dinner with me in SF (and a flight from anywhere in the domestic US). Pick one of the three.
To get both 1 and 2, all you have to do is this:
1) Promote the hell out of this episode this week, driving clicks to the iTunes page (ideal) for my podcast, this direct streaming link, or this blog post. If helpful, the shorter link fourhourworkweek.com/arnold forwards to this blog post.
2) Leave a comment on this post telling me what you did (including anything quantifiable), no later than this Friday, Feb 6, at 6pm PT. Comments must be submitted by 6pm PT. It’s OK if they’re in moderation and don’t appear live before 6pm. Note: You must include #arnoldpod at the top of your comment to be considered!
3) Within 7 days hence, I and my panel of magic elves will select the winner: he or she who describes in their comment how they drove the most downloads/listens.
4) That’s it! Remember: Deadline is 6pm PT this Friday, Feb 6. No extensions.
5) Of course, void where prohibited, no purchase required, you must be over 21, no minotaurs, etc.
This episode is sponsored by Onnit. I have used Onnit products for years. If you look in my kitchen or in my garage you will find Alpha BRAIN, chewable melatonin (for resetting my clock while traveling), kettlebells, maces, battle ropes, and steel clubs. It sounds like a torture chamber, and it basically is. A torture chamber for self-improvement! Ah, the lovely pain. To see a list of my favorite pills, potions, and heavy tools, click here.
This podcast is also brought to you by 99Designs, the world’s largest marketplace of graphic designers. Did you know I used 99Designs to rapid prototype the cover for The 4-Hour Body? Here are some of the impressive results. Click this link and get a free $99 upgrade. Give it a test run..
Scroll below for links and show notes…
Selected Links from the Episode
- Arnold wants to fly you to LA to blow sh*t up with him in person. Check out Omaze for details.
- Pumping Iron
- Stay Hungry
- See Franco Columbu dislocate his leg in the World’s Strongest Man competition
- See the trailer for Twins with Arnold and Danny DeVito
- Learn more about the documentary Brooklyn Castle
- The Churchill Factor: How One Man Made History by Boris Johnson
- Free to Choose by Milton Friedman
- California by Kevin Starr
- Learn more about the USC Schwarzenegger Institute
- Follow Arnold on Twitter
- Learn more about climate action at Regions 20
Sample People Mentioned
- Reg Park
- Steve Reeves
- Franco Columbu
- Warren Buffett
- Bill Gates
- Larry Ellison
- Elon Musk
- Nelson Mandela
- Mikhail Gorbachov
- Muhammad Ali
Posted on: February 2, 2015.
Please check out Tribe of Mentors, my newest book, which shares short, tactical life advice from 100+ world-class performers. Many of the world's most famous entrepreneurs, athletes, investors, poker players, and artists are part of the book. The tips and strategies in Tribe of Mentors have already changed my life, and I hope the same for you. Click here for a sample chapter and full details. Roughly 90% of the guests have never appeared on my podcast.
Who was interviewed? Here's a very partial list: tech icons (founders of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Craigslist, Pinterest, Spotify, Salesforce, Dropbox, and more), Jimmy Fallon, Arianna Huffington, Brandon Stanton (Humans of New York), Lord Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Ben Stiller, Maurice Ashley (first African-American Grandmaster of chess), Brené Brown (researcher and bestselling author), Rick Rubin (legendary music producer), Temple Grandin (animal behavior expert and autism activist), Franklin Leonard (The Black List), Dara Torres (12-time Olympic medalist in swimming), David Lynch (director), Kelly Slater (surfing legend), Bozoma Saint John (Beats/Apple/Uber), Lewis Cantley (famed cancer researcher), Maria Sharapova, Chris Anderson (curator of TED), Terry Crews, Greg Norman (golf icon), Vitalik Buterin (creator of Ethereum), and nearly 100 more. Check it all out by clicking here.