The 4-Hour Chef has arrived and is available today.
It’s 672 pages of full-color goodness that required blood, sweat, and tears (literally) for nearly two years. Putting it together was brutal. In the end, I think it’s the best book I’ve written, a very unusual choose-your-own-adventure guide to learning and life. I really hope you like it.
This week is a big ‘un. To get us started…
– All NYC cabs will soon be running a 15-second version of The 4-Hour Chef cinematic trailer. I thought it’d be fun to carpet bomb the city. Why not? The trailer has nearly 1.5 million views and is now the most-viewed non-fiction book trailer of all-time.
– I’ve partnered with TaskRabbit to automate grocery shopping nationwide. For all recipes in the first DOMESTIC section, you can order ingredients for each “lesson” with one click. Click here to see if it’s available in your city.
– Come hang out with me in NYC today! From 3pm-6pm ET, I’ll be signing books (my only NYC book signing!) at Panera Bread at 452 5th Avenue (at 39th). Hope to see you there.
– If you haven’t yet, please consider buying the book as a X-mas/holiday gift! The more, the merrier! It’s truly a gorgeous book…easily the most beautiful thing I’ve ever made. The 4-Hour Chef was #2 on Amazon earlier, but it’s currently getting blasted by an unexpected onslaught of Disney Nursery Rhymes. Merciless!
– The UK edition of The 4-Hour Chef also launches today. I’ve always wanted a simultaneous US/UK launch. Now my friends across the pond don’t have to wait for “pants” to become “trousers”! I’ll be visiting London in January to party with y’all. Stay tuned.
In the meanwhile, I’ll be following Chef Thomas Keller’s instructions…
The kitchen of Thomas Keller’s Per Se in New York City. It is only one of seven restaurants in the US to be awarded three Michelin stars. (Photo from The 4-Hour Chef)
Posted on: November 20, 2012.
Please check out Tribe of Mentors, my newest book, which shares short, tactical life advice from 100+ world-class performers. Many of the world's most famous entrepreneurs, athletes, investors, poker players, and artists are part of the book. The tips and strategies in Tribe of Mentors have already changed my life, and I hope the same for you. Click here for a sample chapter and full details. Roughly 90% of the guests have never appeared on my podcast.
Who was interviewed? Here's a very partial list: tech icons (founders of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Craigslist, Pinterest, Spotify, Salesforce, Dropbox, and more), Jimmy Fallon, Arianna Huffington, Brandon Stanton (Humans of New York), Lord Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Ben Stiller, Maurice Ashley (first African-American Grandmaster of chess), Brené Brown (researcher and bestselling author), Rick Rubin (legendary music producer), Temple Grandin (animal behavior expert and autism activist), Franklin Leonard (The Black List), Dara Torres (12-time Olympic medalist in swimming), David Lynch (director), Kelly Slater (surfing legend), Bozoma Saint John (Beats/Apple/Uber), Lewis Cantley (famed cancer researcher), Maria Sharapova, Chris Anderson (curator of TED), Terry Crews, Greg Norman (golf icon), Vitalik Buterin (creator of Ethereum), and nearly 100 more. Check it all out by clicking here.