The 4-Hour Chef has arrived and is available today.
It’s 672 pages of full-color goodness that required blood, sweat, and tears (literally) for nearly two years. Putting it together was brutal. In the end, I think it’s the best book I’ve written, a very unusual choose-your-own-adventure guide to learning and life. I really hope you like it.
This week is a big ‘un. To get us started…
– All NYC cabs will soon be running a 15-second version of The 4-Hour Chef cinematic trailer. I thought it’d be fun to carpet bomb the city. Why not? The trailer has nearly 1.5 million views and is now the most-viewed non-fiction book trailer of all-time.
– I’ve partnered with TaskRabbit to automate grocery shopping nationwide. For all recipes in the first DOMESTIC section, you can order ingredients for each “lesson” with one click. Click here to see if it’s available in your city.
– Come hang out with me in NYC today! From 3pm-6pm ET, I’ll be signing books (my only NYC book signing!) at Panera Bread at 452 5th Avenue (at 39th). Hope to see you there.
– If you haven’t yet, please consider buying the book as a X-mas/holiday gift! The more, the merrier! It’s truly a gorgeous book…easily the most beautiful thing I’ve ever made. The 4-Hour Chef was #2 on Amazon earlier, but it’s currently getting blasted by an unexpected onslaught of Disney Nursery Rhymes. Merciless!
– The UK edition of The 4-Hour Chef also launches today. I’ve always wanted a simultaneous US/UK launch. Now my friends across the pond don’t have to wait for “pants” to become “trousers”! I’ll be visiting London in January to party with y’all. Stay tuned.
In the meanwhile, I’ll be following Chef Thomas Keller’s instructions…
The kitchen of Thomas Keller’s Per Se in New York City. It is only one of seven restaurants in the US to be awarded three Michelin stars. (Photo from The 4-Hour Chef)
The Tim Ferriss Show is one of the most popular podcasts in the world with more than 700 million downloads. It has been selected for "Best of Apple Podcasts" three times, it is often the #1 interview podcast across all of Apple Podcasts, and it's been ranked #1 out of 400,000+ podcasts on many occasions. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.