Data crunching back to age 18. Three years of organizing self-experiments around the world. Thousands of blood tests and hundreds of case studies.
My new book is finally here: The 4-Hour Body.
I could not be happier with the end product. Truly, I am ecstatic.
If you want a minimalist guide to hacking the human body, this is it.
In each chapter (more than 50 topics total), I test everything on myself so you don’t have to. In “Reversing ‘Permanent’ Injuries,” for example, I tested the moderate options like over-the-counter supplementation and Feldenkrais, but I also imported stem-cell growth factors from Israel and had them injected. That was just for starters. The end result of that chapter? 90%+ of the injuries that plagued me for decades are now gone. I’m stronger and faster than I was at age 20.
If you want to know the two safe things out of 100 that worked abnormally well, I can tell you…
The 4-Hour Body is also designed to read unlike any diet or fitness book, which it isn’t. It’s more like a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book for the human body, full of ridiculous stories, practical philosophies, and larger-than-life characters.
Here’s the back cover description:
THINNER, BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER… which 150 pages will you read?
Is it possible to:
Reach your genetic potential in 6 months?
Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours?
Lose more fat than a marathoner by bingeing?
Indeed, and much more. This is not just another diet and fitness book.
The 4-Hour Body is the result of an obsessive quest, spanning more than a decade, to hack the human body. It contains the collective wisdom of hundreds of elite athletes, dozens of MDs, and thousands of hours of jaw-dropping personal experimentation. From Olympic training centers to black-market laboratories, from Silicon Valley to South Africa, Tim Ferriss, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Workweek, fixated on one life-changing question:
For all things physical, what are the tiniest changes that produce the biggest results?
Thousands of tests later, this book contains the answers for both men and women.
From the gym to the bedroom, it’s all here, and it all works.
YOU WILL LEARN (in less than 30 minutes each):
– How to lose those last 5-10 pounds (or 100+ pounds) with odd combinations of food and safe chemical cocktails.
– How to prevent fat gain while bingeing (X-mas, holidays, weekends)
– How to increase fat-loss 300% using temperature manipulation
– How Tim gained 34 pounds of muscle in 28 days, without steroids, and in four hours of total gym time
– How to sleep 2 hours per day and feel fully rested
– How to produce 15-minute female orgasms
– How to triple testosterone and double sperm count
– How to go from running 5 kilometers to 50 kilometers in 12 weeks
– How to reverse permanent injuries
– How to add 150+ pounds to your lifts in 6 months
– How to pay for a beach vacation with one hospital visit
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are more than 50 topics covered, all with real-world experiments, many including more than 200 test subjects.
You don’t need better genetics or more discipline. You need immediate results that compel you to continue.
That’s exactly what The 4-Hour Body delivers.
Now The Real Fun Begins
Here we go:
1) The ask
2) Big media opportunities for you
3) An offer to friends in media.
I try not to ask for too much on this blog, but today I will ask a favor: if this book sounds interesting to you, please take a moment to order it today. I’ve never worked harder on something, it’s my sophomore act, and pre-orders are critically important in the publishing world.
The book is on-sale now but will ship on December 14th. Here’s why you should pre-order now:
– You will not be charged for the book(s) until they ship in December, but ordering (really like reserving) a copy now really, really helps me.
– What would make a better X-mas gift? My dad lost more than 70 pounds using two chapters. Please consider getting a few copies for your family, loved ones, or best friends. I promise that they will not be disappointed. Ordering now means you can’t forget.
– Last but not least, your help would mean the world to me. Pre-orders will largely determine how much support retailers give this book. It’s crazy, but only hardcover sales count towards the bestseller lists. If you’ve benefited from my last book or writing on this blog, I would really appreciate your help. This has been the biggest project of my life.
BIG MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES:
Have you lost weight, gained muscle, or otherwise changed your body as a result of blog posts I’ve written? If so, you could be featured on major TV and in big mainstream media. Please e-mail your details and (important, if you have them) pictures to jenny.rabun-at-gmail-dot-com. No professional before-and-after pics needed, but something that shows your before and after appearance, even in normal clothes, is helpful to producers.
Ladies — that means you, too! Help a brother out, and help your sisters out, by sharing your stories!
TO MEDIA, BLOGGERS, AND LIST OWNERS:
I’ve made very few media commitments thus far. Do you have a column, show, mailing list, or blog audience? Would you like to do a feature, an interview, or post an excerpt? Please click here to let me know. There is a ton of material, including case studies, video, and pictures.
Upward and Onward
Thank you all so much for the last three years. It’s been incredible.
The best is yet to come 🙂
Posted on: September 29, 2010.
Please check out Tribe of Mentors, my newest book, which shares short, tactical life advice from 100+ world-class performers. Many of the world's most famous entrepreneurs, athletes, investors, poker players, and artists are part of the book. The tips and strategies in Tribe of Mentors have already changed my life, and I hope the same for you. Click here for a sample chapter and full details. Roughly 90% of the guests have never appeared on my podcast.
Who was interviewed? Here's a very partial list: tech icons (founders of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Craigslist, Pinterest, Spotify, Salesforce, Dropbox, and more), Jimmy Fallon, Arianna Huffington, Brandon Stanton (Humans of New York), Lord Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Ben Stiller, Maurice Ashley (first African-American Grandmaster of chess), Brené Brown (researcher and bestselling author), Rick Rubin (legendary music producer), Temple Grandin (animal behavior expert and autism activist), Franklin Leonard (The Black List), Dara Torres (12-time Olympic medalist in swimming), David Lynch (director), Kelly Slater (surfing legend), Bozoma Saint John (Beats/Apple/Uber), Lewis Cantley (famed cancer researcher), Maria Sharapova, Chris Anderson (curator of TED), Terry Crews, Greg Norman (golf icon), Vitalik Buterin (creator of Ethereum), and nearly 100 more. Check it all out by clicking here.