In this episode, we don’t have any special guests, unless you count the multiple personalities in my own head.
This episode includes gems like:
- My favorite books
- Learning to take better notes
- How I develop skills
- Things that I’m excited about in the next 3-5 years
- Plus much more…
Only have a few minutes? Listen to my latest thoughts on cheat days and how to manage sugar cravings.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Want to hear another podcast where I answer your questions? — Listen to 5 things I did to become a better investor. In this episode, I discuss making hundreds of survivable mistakes, the strategy behind my startup bets, and why I’m more successful (on paper) with my investments than my publishing career (stream below or right-click here to download):
This podcast is brought to you by Wealthfront. Wealthfront is a massively disruptive (in a good way) set-it-and-forget-it investing service, led by technologists from places like Apple. It has exploded in popularity in the last two years and now has more than $2.5B under management. Why? Because you can get services previously limited to the ultra-wealthy and only pay pennies on the dollar for them, and it’s all through smarter software instead of retail locations and bloated sales teams.
Check out wealthfront.com/tim, take their risk assessment quiz, which only takes 2-5 minutes, and they’ll show you—for free–exactly the portfolio they’d put you in. If you want to just take their advice and do it yourself, you can. Well worth a few minutes to explore: wealthfront.com/tim.
All you need to do to get your free 30-day Audible trial is go to Audible.com/Tim. Choose one of the above books, or choose between more than 180,000 audio programs. That could be a book, a newspaper, a magazine, or even a class. It’s that easy. Go to Audible.com/Tim and get started today. Enjoy!
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: Do you enjoy this format or would you rather hear nothing but interviews? Please let me know in the comments.
Scroll below for links and show notes…
Selected Links from the Episode
- Interested in AcroYoga? Check out Jason Nemer
- 40 oz. Hydro Flask Water Bottle
- Will you be in San Francisco? Visit flour + water
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
- The 4-Hour Workweek
- The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
- Set up social accountability and/or a betting circle:
- How to Lose 100 Pounds on The Slow-Carb Diet and The Perfect Posterior
- Listen to my conversation with Cal Fussman
- Learn more about the Buxton School of Wrestling
- Interested in cryonics? Read this article on Wait But Why
- Learn more about Coach Sommer for gymnastics training
- Check out developments in virtual reality: Valve and Vive
- Learn more about MDInsider.com
- Dog training resources: Crate Training by Ian Dunbar
- Don’t Shoot the Dog by Karen Pryor
- Watch my video describing The Most Important Skill to Teach Your Dog
- Learn more about renting the SS Jeremiah
- How to Take Notes Like an Alpha-Geek
- Interested in the ketogenic diet? Listen to my conversation with Dom D’Agostino
- Keto Clarity by Jimmy Moore and Eric Westman, MD
- Crucial Conversations by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny and Ron McMillan
- Lying by Sam Harris (listen to our conversation here)
- Why I love Japan – Spirited Away and KARATE by BABYMETAL
- Guide for Travel in Japan – Hacking Japan
- Letters from a Stoic by Lucius Annaeus Seneca (audiobook here)
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Slaine: The Horned God by Pat Mills and Simon Bisley
- The Baron In The Trees by Italo Calvino
- The Black Swan and Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- If you were to do a zero-to-hero transformation with someone, what would be the path you would take? [8:17]
- If you were tasked with building a person from a blank slate, a la Frankenstein’s creature or an android, what skills/qualities would you give him first? [15:21]
- How do you build rapport with your podcast guests? [18:10]
- Expand more on your teens and twenties. What were you doing? What kind of person were you? What were your influences? [21:32]
- Do you believe that people have personal callings? [23:52]
- Do you believe in coincidences? [26:22]
- What is something you are increasingly getting excited about in the next 3-5 years? [28:31]
- Dogs and positive constraints [32:15]
- What have you learned about human behavior from Molly? [38:02]
- How did you meet and become friends with Kevin Rose? [41:45]
- If you were to go back to college, what would you choose to major in and why? [43:00]
- What do you think of studying abroad? [47:26]
- My exact note-taking system [47:38]
- Comparing the ketogenic diet and The Slow-Carb Diet [50:32]
- Cheat days and managing sugar cravings [51:14]
- Do you have any practical tips for dealing with people you dislike? [56:22]
- Why I love Japan [1:00:08]
- Most gifted books [1:02:28]
The Tim Ferriss Show is one of the most popular podcasts in the world with more than 900 million downloads. It has been selected for "Best of Apple Podcasts" three times, it is often the #1 interview podcast across all of Apple Podcasts, and it's been ranked #1 out of 400,000+ podcasts on many occasions. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.