“I think of problems as goldmines.”
– Peter Diamandis
Peter is Chairman and CEO of the X PRIZE Foundation. He is also the Co-Founder (along with Craig Venter and Bob Hariri) of Human Longevity, Inc. (HLI); and the Co-Founder of Planetary Resources, a company designing spacecrafts to mine asteroids for precious materials (seriously). His latest book, Bold, has endorsements from Bill Clinton, Eric Schmidt, and Ray Kurzweil.
Peter knows how to think and play big, and he can show you how to do the same.
This episode features the top-10 most popular questions you wanted Peter to answer, including:
- How do we disrupt the education system?
- What does the future of healthcare look like?
- When should you start building your billion-dollar business?
- Will technology destroy all the jobs?
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Want to learn more about exponential technologies? — Listen to my conversation with Peter Diamandis in which we discuss how to think like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos (stream below or right-click here to download):
This podcast is brought to you by LegalZoom. Matt Mullenweg (CEO of Automattic – now worth more than a billion dollars) first incorporated his company on LegalZoom. LegalZoom, which I’ve used myself, can help you with almost anything legal, including setting up a will, doing a proper trademark search, forming an LLC, starting a non-profit, or finding simple cease-and-desist letter templates. LegalZoom is not a law firm, but they do have a network of independent attorneys available in most states. They can provide contract review and help you run your business. Use the code “Tim” at checkout to get $10 off your next order. Take a gander at everything you can get for a fraction of what you’d expect — LegalZoom.com
This podcast is also brought to you by 99Designs, the world’s largest marketplace of graphic designers. Did you know I used 99Designs to rapid prototype the cover for The 4-Hour Body? Here are some of the impressive results. Click this link and get a free $99 upgrade. Give it a test run.
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What other past guests would you like to have back for a Q&A session? What questions would you want them to answer? Please let me know in the comments.
Scroll below for links and show notes…
Selected Links from the Episode
- Learn more about XPrize
- Explore Singularity University
- Learn more about compiling health records at Human Longevity
- Interested in asteroid mining? Check out Planetary Resources
- Explore Modern Meadows and learn to rethink food production
- Start fixing the world’s biggest problems with incentive prizes, it’s easy with HeroX
- Learn more about the racers seeking to provide global internet:
- How do we disrupt the education system? [4:25]
- What do your first 10 minutes of the morning look like? Do you have a morning routine? [8:00}
- What are some unrealistic goals you think entire nations could aspire to? [10:00]
- What are the most exciting changes happening in healthcare, and what are the timetables for them to affect the general population? [13:20]
- A problem well defined is a problem half solved. How do you go about defining a problem? Or how do you ask better questions? [18:40]
- What is the most important thing for a 16-year-old to do over his summer vacation to keep moving forward and be prepared? [20:45]
- Whenever the question of ending hunger in Africa arises, someone always says, “There’s no sufficient distribution system.” Why couldn’t we feed African countries with a mere billion dollars, food, and a small army of powerful delivery drones? [24:00]
- Have you considered crowdfunding XPRIZE? [28:30]
- Will technology increase unemployment and will robots replace many jobs as the media is reporting? [30:20]
- Will Google, Facebook, or Elon Musk win the race to provide global internet? Will the FCC allow it? [33:35]
- How will Human Longevity differentiate itself from other biotech companies? [35:35]
- If you were 20 and had no experience whatsoever, what would you do to get into Singularity U and then create change in the world? [37:50]
Posted on: July 17, 2015.
Please check out Tools of Titans, my new book, which shares the tactics, routines, and habits of billionaires, icons, and world-class performers. It was distilled from more than 10,000 pages of notes, and everything has been vetted and tested in my own life in some fashion. The tips and tricks in Tools of Titans changed my life, and I hope the same for you. Click here for sample chapters, full details, and a Foreword from Arnold Schwarzenegger!