All exercises, except for kettlebell swings, are performed for 10 repetitions using a 13-Repetition Max2 (RM) weight.
- Heavy dumbbell front squat to press (ass to heels)—squeeze glutes at bottom for one second before rising
- One-arm, one-leg DB row [Ed. Note: this is now linking to internet archives. Please allow for longer load time.]
- Walking lunges with sprinter knee raise – [Note from The Kiwi: “Your progression should be using your bodyweight, then dumbbells. This video shows with barbbell. I would PAUSE more at the top and push for hip extension (be as tall as you can at the top of each rep).”]
- Wide-grip push-ups
- Two-arm kettlebell swings x 20-25
Repeat sequence 2–4 times.
- One-leg Romanian Deadlift (RDL) (10–12 reps each side, at a 13 RM on first set weight selection)
- Chin-up (four-second negative lowering portion only) × 10 or until you cannot control descent
- One-leg hamstring curls on a Swiss ball—6–12 reps each leg
- Plank for abs (and gluteus medius on sides) -> Progression: start with 30 seconds front, 30 seconds each side, working up to 90 seconds maximum
- Reverse hyper × 15–25 Repeat sequence 2–4 times. [Note from The Kiwi: “A bit slow on concentric for my tastes, but acceptable. Do these two seconds down, explosive up.”]