Below are some of the causes I support.
Since 2015, I’ve been focused on scientific research and clinical treatments of “intractable” conditions such as treatment-resistant depression, opioid addiction, anorexia nervosa, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research — I’m a co-founding backer of the largest psychedelic research center in the world (as of Dec 2019), which was also the first such center in the US. New York Times coverage can be found here and here. Current projects/studies can be found here.
- Imperial College London – Centre for Psychedelic Research — I’m a co-founding backer of the world’s first dedicated psychedelic research center. Current projects/studies can be found here.
- UCSF/Neuroscape — “Video game training enhances cognitive control in older adults” Cover story of Nature, September 2, 2013 issue.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (Genome project since early 2011)
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
- Donorschoose.org (National Advisory Board; sample classroom projects)
- QuestBridge (West Coast Advisory Board)
- Room to Read (Schools in Vietnam, Nepal, Cambodia; scholarships for girls)
Think you should wait until you’re rich to change the world? That might not be the most effective approach. Here are my thoughts on the subject.