By popular request, I recorded the short video above to cover what I consider “psychedelics 101.” There is a sea of misinformation out there, and the video covers resources I consider well vetted. All links are listed below. Please be sure to see the important disclaimer at the bottom of this post.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: The plants and compounds mentioned in this post are illegal in many countries, and even possession can carry severe criminal penalties. None of this post constitutes medical advice or should be construed as a recommendation to use psychedelics. There are serious legal, psychological, and physical risks. Psychedelics are not for everyone—they can exacerbate certain emotional problems, and there have been, in very rare cases, fatalities.
BOOKS AND ARTICLES:
- The Microdose free newsletter, courtesy of the the UC Berkeley Center for the Science of Psychedelics.
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence by Michael Pollan
- “The Trip Treatment” by Michael Pollan, The New Yorker
- The Healing Journey: Pioneering Approaches to Psychedelic Therapy by Claudio Naranjo
- The Secret Chief Revealed by Myron J. Stolaroff
- Wizard of the Upper Amazon: The Story of Manuel Córdova-Rios by F. Bruce Lamb
- Singing to the Plants: A Guide to Mestizo Shamanism in the Upper Amazon by Stephan V. Beyer
- Trip of Compassion
- From Shock to Awe
- Horizons Video Series | Horizons Vimeo | Horizons Conference YouTube
- Overview of Psychedelic Fact vs. Fiction — Microdosing, Mind-Enhancing Methods, and More | The Tim Ferriss Show #377
- Dr. Gabor Maté — New Paradigms, Ayahuasca, and Redefining Addiction | The Tim Ferriss Show #298
- Michael Pollan — Exploring The New Science of Psychedelics | The Tim Ferriss Show #313
- Michael Pollan — Exploring the Frontiers of Psychedelics | The Tim Ferriss Show #365
- Marcela Ot’alora — How to Become a Psychedelic Therapist | The Tim Ferriss Show #396
- Rick Doblin — The Psychedelic Domino That Tips All Others | The Tim Ferriss Show #440
- Are Psychedelic Drugs the Next Medical Breakthrough? #104 | The Tim Ferriss Show
- The Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research | Johns Hopkins
- Centre for Psychedelic Research | Imperial College London
- Center for Psychedelic Medicine | NYU Langone Health
- Berkeley Center for the Science of Psychedelics | UC Berkeley
The Tim Ferriss Show is one of the most popular podcasts in the world with more than 900 million downloads. It has been selected for "Best of Apple Podcasts" three times, it is often the #1 interview podcast across all of Apple Podcasts, and it's been ranked #1 out of 400,000+ podcasts on many occasions. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.