Usually, it’s my job to deconstruct world-class performers. This time around, the tables are turned. Many of you have asked to hear me interviewed, so this week Daymond John (@thesharkdaymond), star of ABC’s Shark Tank and CEO and founder of FUBU, is in charge and asking the questions. Daymond has a new book called The Power of Broke, and he is an expert interviewer and interrogator.
In this episode, you’ll learn untold stories about my beginnings and rough starts. If you’ve ever felt like a beginner in business, or found your back against a wall, you will learn how to take your lack of resources and turn it into a strength.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Want to hear another story involving an entrepreneur who built himself into an astonishing success? — Listen to my conversation with Arnold Schwarzenegger. In this episode, we discuss psychological warfare and much more (stream below or right-click here to download):
All you need to do to get your free audiobook and a free 30-day trial is go to Audible.com/tim. Choose one of the above books, or choose between more than 180,000 audio programs. That could be a book, a newspaper, a magazine or even a class. It’s that easy. Go to Audible.com/Tim and get started today. Enjoy!
This podcast is brought to you by TrunkClub. I hate shopping with a passion. And honestly I’m not good at it, which means I end up looking like I’m colorblind or homeless. Enter TrunkClub, which provides you with your own personal stylist and makes it easier than ever to shop for clothes that look great on your body. Just go to trunkclub.com/tim and answer a few questions, and then you’ll be sent a trunk full of awesome clothes. They base this on your sizes, preferences, etc. The trunk is then delivered free of charge both ways, so you only pay for clothes that you keep. If you keep none, it costs you nothing. To get started, check it out at trunkclub.com/tim.
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: If you were to interview me, what questions would you most want to ask? Please let me know in the comments.
Scroll below for links and show notes…
Selected Links from the Episode
- Learn more about The Power of Broke and order your copy here or here.
- Learn more about Hugh Forrest and SXSW
- On landing a book deal: motivation, mentors, and how to know when your product is an “A” or an “F” [6:37]
- The last thing I said to the publisher of The 4-Hour Workweek that secured the deal [12:17]
- How the constraints became the path to success while marketing The 4-Hour Workweek [16:47]
- Presentation skills learned under the critical eye of chihuahuas [22:07]
- On the success of The 4-Hour Workweek [26:22]
- On choosing Amazon Publishing for The 4-Hour Chef [29:32]
- Daymond John sums it all up [36:22]
The Tim Ferriss Show is one of the most popular podcasts in the world with over 500 million downloads. It has been selected for "Best of Apple Podcasts" three times, it is often the #1 interview podcast across all of Apple Podcasts, and it's been ranked #1 out of 400,000+ podcasts on many occasions. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.