This episode of The Random Show is a mind snack… fueled by wine. There are dozens of topics covered in this bromantic session of scatterbrained nonsense.
Like what? To start off: hidden gems in Japan, hating tech, Kevin’s new obsessions (and projects), gifts, books we’re reading, excessive sexual awkwardness, and much more. O-tanoshimi dane!
Can’t see the video above? Click here.
Want audio to listen on the go? Here you go…
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
This podcast is brought to you by 99Designs, the world’s largest marketplace of graphic designers. Did you know I used 99Designs to rapid prototype the cover for The 4-Hour Body? Here are some of the impressive results.
This episode is also brought to you by ExOfficio, which I’ve personally used since 2005 or so. They make ultra-lightweight, quick drying, antimicrobial clothing for men and women. Here’s my own ultra-light packing list (scroll down for video), which went viral.
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What should other people be more grateful for this Thanksgiving? Perhaps something regularly overlooked? Please share in the comments.
Scroll below for links and show notes…
Do you enjoy this podcast? If so, please leave a short review here. It keeps me going…
Selected Links from the Episode
- Learn more about Kevin’s new company, North
- Watch-Curious? Check out WatchVille.co
- Blue Plate San Francisco – Suggestions: Meatloaf, Fried Chicken and/or Key Lime Pie
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel
- Refinery29: Style Stalking by Piera Gelardi and Christene Barberich
- Refinery 29 – The largest independently-owned fashion and style site
- The Art of Robert E. McGinnis by Robert E. McGinnis
- The Gibson Girl and Her America by Charles Dana Gibson
- Epicureans and Stoics by Axios Institute
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
- Hidden Tokyo Coffee Shop — Chatei Hatou Pour-Over Coffee
- Lisn Inscense – Japanese Organic Incense
- SOG Throwing Axes
- Looking to invest in startups? See Tim and Kevin‘s deals on AngelList
- MD Insider
- How to Win Over 30 Consulting Offers in 30 Days – AngelList Tips
- Influence by Robert B. Cialdini
- Too Many Cooks
Abbreviated Show Notes
- Thoughts on WatchVille [5:00]
- The environment and new book recomendations [11:50]
- Fermented coffee beans [18:45]
- Tips for ice baths [24:45]
- Tim’s next big thing (or not) [40:15]
- How to get involved in the tech scene without tons of capital [42:25]
- On Influence by Robert Cialdini [45:15]
- Too Many Cooks video recommendation [49:35]
- Gratitude this coming Thanksgiving [50:50]
Posted on: November 25, 2014.
Please check out Tribe of Mentors, my newest book, which shares short, tactical life advice from 100+ world-class performers. Many of the world's most famous entrepreneurs, athletes, investors, poker players, and artists are part of the book. The tips and strategies in Tribe of Mentors have already changed my life, and I hope the same for you. Click here for a sample chapter and full details. Roughly 90% of the guests have never appeared on my podcast.
Who was interviewed? Here's a very partial list: tech icons (founders of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Craigslist, Pinterest, Spotify, Salesforce, Dropbox, and more), Jimmy Fallon, Arianna Huffington, Brandon Stanton (Humans of New York), Lord Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Ben Stiller, Maurice Ashley (first African-American Grandmaster of chess), Brené Brown (researcher and bestselling author), Rick Rubin (legendary music producer), Temple Grandin (animal behavior expert and autism activist), Franklin Leonard (The Black List), Dara Torres (12-time Olympic medalist in swimming), David Lynch (director), Kelly Slater (surfing legend), Bozoma Saint John (Beats/Apple/Uber), Lewis Cantley (famed cancer researcher), Maria Sharapova, Chris Anderson (curator of TED), Terry Crews, Greg Norman (golf icon), Vitalik Buterin (creator of Ethereum), and nearly 100 more. Check it all out by clicking here.