Screenshot from The 4-Hour Chef iPad app
It’s rated 12+ for “Mild alcohol, tobacco, or drug use or references” and “mild profanity or crude humor.” Fun stuff, in other words. Let me know in the comments what you think of things, and don’t miss the exploding cow. The Android version is coming soon.
Two related notes, one for the book, the other for a free round-trip ticket:
– The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life is 50-80% off for a limited time to encourage pre-orders. You can cancel anytime up to ship date, so there is no downside, only a locked-in discount. Click here for the full book details.
– To spice things up, I’m offering a X-mas present: a free roundtrip anywhere in the world that Star Alliance flies. Here’s how you get it…
– Take before measurements (detailed below) and before pictures — front, side, and back — now.
– Follow the “Christmas Countdown” in the app from 12/18 – 12/25. For bonus points, let us know how you’re doing in the comments here.
– Take after photos and measurements after 12/25.
– Post your before-and-afters in the comments here no later than 10pm PST, 12/28/11. Requirement for eligibility: indicate in the first sentence the most valuable thing you learned during the experiment.
– Then we’ll pick a winner, based on the results and reporting.
The usual legalese applies: Void where prohibited, minors not eligible, etc., etc…
2) Take your “before” circumference measurements. Get a simple tape measure and measure four locations: both upper arms (mid- bicep), waist (horizontal at navel), hips (at widest point below waist), and both legs (mid-thigh). Total these numbers to arrive at your Total Inches (TI).
3) If possible, body-fat percentage.
More on The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life
Intended to be “the cookbook for people who don’t buy cookbooks,” The 4-Hour Chef will use food as a vehicle to teach the art and science of meta-learning–the skill of learning skills. Whether you want to learn a new instrument or a new sport (or anything in between), you’ll have a field-tested and research-backed blueprint. In addition to insight from world-class chefs, we’ll have an unreal cast of characters helping you to multiply your learning potential.
For a limited time, to celebrate the announcement, you can pre-order The 4-Hour Chef for 50-80% off. Instead of $30 for print, you can reserve a copy for $15. Instead of $22 for Kindle, you can get it for $5.99.
Why might you buy the physical book, even in addition to the Kindle? Three reasons:
1) It will be gorgeous, a wonderful tactile experience, and truly unlike any cookbook you’ve ever seen.
2) I’ll be thinking up bonuses for people who buy the print edition early.
3) It would really help me out. Inexplicably, The New York Times excludes all advice/how-to books from their e-book bestseller list, so only the print edition counts towards the bestseller list. Silly, but there you have it!
See the full book description, sneak-peek photos, and more here.
The Tim Ferriss Show is one of the most popular podcasts in the world with more than 700 million downloads. It has been selected for "Best of Apple Podcasts" three times, it is often the #1 interview podcast across all of Apple Podcasts, and it's been ranked #1 out of 400,000+ podcasts on many occasions. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.